As our regular readers will know, we’ve asked local branding experts to weigh in with their top tips for making the most of your personal brand. We’ll be posting their insights here over the next few weeks, so watch this space for professional tips and key advice.
This week we’re sharing Sean Willard’s top tips for making the most of your personal professional brand. After nearly 20 years as a Pharmacist, Sean sold his Pharmacy in Franschhoek to both discover and live his purpose and passion as a Speaker, Life Coach and Author of the book – Have a Life Attack. For Sean, his personal brand is his business so he assigns significant value to branding himself most effectively.
1. If your personal brand is your business, as in Sean’s case, he recommends finding someone who understands brands and personal branding and working with them to create your desired brand that you are proud to market to the world.
2. Sean advises if you are going to personalise your business and brand with your name, be quick and buy yourname.co.za domain and .com.
3. When creating a successful brand, Sean believes that visual elements are vitally important. So be sure to get professional photographs taken that truly reflect your personal brand favourably. Select your best head shot and use it consistently on all social network sites and websites. The more people see your photograph, the more you will remain top of mind.
4. If you have something of value to share and you want to get your name, thoughts and ideas out there, write a book about your area of expertise and passion.
5. Following on from the above tip, don’t limit yourself to print and online exposure. Sean encourages you to get yourself on radio and start adding value!